By Jennifer Lynn Walker
Stress is one of the biggest issues that plagues people during the real estate buying and selling process
Problems with a house, irregularities with the certificate of location, money issues, fear of not finding the right home, not being sure where to start, the feeling of being crunched for time…the list of stressors that build up can go on and on.
Most problems need solutions — that’s all. But stress is much harder to identify and can cause damage if it’s not called out and cared for.
Ask any real estate broker and they can tell you stories of breakdowns, fights between couples, fights between buyers and sellers, and sellers who threaten not to sell or verbally attack the agent when they are offended by advice.
But even more seriously, stress can cause you to be prone to making bad decisions or becoming stuck and afraid to move forward.
So when you enter the buying or selling process keep the following tips in mind to help keep your stress from rising to an unproductive or unhealthy level.
Stress Reducing Tips from a Pro
- Get proper sleep, eat healthily, exercise, walk in nature, laugh, meditate, and let go of the things you can’t control.
- Trust that your real estate broker is an educated expert who can and will guide you every step of the way.
- Don’t be afraid to speak up and give your opinion.
- Know that when you are buying, the house picks you and not the other way around. You’ll know when you see it.
- Understand that problems are challenges with solutions.
- Get a second opinion…there are many resources out there.
- If you need more information ASK: no question is a stupid question.
Mistakes can cost us a lot of time and money, which in turn, can give us a lot of stress. Here are The 8 Biggest Mistakes Real Estate Buyers Make.
Keep in mind that buying or selling a home is naturally a time of high stress. You aren’t going crazy and your circumstances will settle down again after the process is over. Take good care of yourself in the meantime.
By Jennifer Lynn WalkerAny buyer looking for a property wants to know exactly what they are getting. Luckily, the law protects this interest.According to the real estate brokerage act, every property you buy in Quebec comes with legal warranty unless stated otherwise....
By Jennifer Lynn Walker Dorval, rich in history Dorval is the oldest city in the West Island, having been founded in 1667, and one of the oldest in Canada and North America. Dorval was originally named Gentilly. As with many other settlements on the island of...
By Jennifer Lynn Walker One of the most important steps in getting your home ready for sale is often the most overlooked. People can spend so much time and money on the kitchen and bathrooms, they forget about the exterior of the house. Remember, your goal is to sell...